GET CREDENTIALED WITH WCBCS
WCBCS is now offering credentialing for all WCBCS students and graduates. Find out how you can receive a Christian Worker, License, or Ordination credential through WCBCS. Be a part of a global movement of ministers called to impact our world!
WHO QUALIFIES FOR WCBCS CREDENTIALING?
All current students, former students, and graduates of West Coast Bible College & Seminary qualify for credentials. Additionally, all two or three year graduates of Master's Commission International also qualify. (We do not credential anyone who is not affiliated with WCBCS or MCIN at this time) You MUST be in agreement with our Statement of Beliefs below in order to qualify. We do allow for some dialogue regarding certain issues; however, salvation is not one of those issues. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us and we will talk.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT LEVEL CREDENTIAL I QUALIFY FOR?
1) Christian Worker's - Any person enrolled in WCBCS in any degree plan may apply for this credential. You must be at least 18 years of age.
2) License - All students who have half of their degree program through WCBCS qualify for the license level (minimum 10 classes). Additionally, all two or three year graduates of Master's Commission International qualify for the License credential, with approval from MCIN leadership. You must be at least 19 years of age and, if not a graduate of an approved MCIN, must have completed a minimum of 1 year at the Christian Worker's level.
3) Ordination - All WCBCS graduates qualify for ordination. However, you must be at least 21 years of age to qualify.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF BECOMING CREDENTIALED?
1) Pay the application fee below. Upon payment, you will be automatically redirected to the credentialing forms page. You must bookmark that page for future reference. There will be a one-time $50 included in the initial payment for a background check.
2) Complete the application and submit it to the credentialing committee.
3) Submit two pastoral references and two character reference forms. These forms are on the same Credential Forms page which you will be redirected to upon payment. You will need to forward the link to the reference forms to the appropriate parties and have them complete the forms online. Once submitted, they will be received by our Credentialing Committee for review.
4) Once all forms have been received, you will be contacted within 30 days (usually much sooner) regarding your status. If your application has been accepted, you will receive a certificate indicating your specific credential.
5) All credentials are current for the remainder of the calendar year and must be renewed by January 1 of each subsequent year to remain current. A new certificate will be issued annually with an expiration date of December 31 of that current year.
WHAT ARE THE ANNUAL CREDENTIALING FEES?
1) Everyone pays a one-time $50 background check fee when initially signing up
2) Christian Worker's - $25
3) License - $50
4) Ordination - $100
WCBCS FIRST-TIME CREDENTIAL APPLICATIONS
1) Christian Worker: $75 (includes annual fee and background check)
2) Licensed Minister: $100 (includes annual fee and background check)
3) Ordained Minister: $150 (includes annual fee and background check)
WCBCS RENEWAL APPLICATIONS
1) Christian Worker: $25
2) Licensed Minister: $50
3) Ordained Minister: $100
IT’S A 100% ONLINE PROCESS
In order to streamline our administrative process and keep congruence with the online college environment, we are online only for the application process. You are always welcome to contact us by phone (800) 921-4561 or email email@example.com.
All credentials are valid for the remainder of the calendar year when they are issued and must be renewed by January 1 annually. (A 14 day grace period MAY be extended. However, there will be a $25 late fee. After 14 days, you will be required to go through the entire process again to be reinstated, including the $50 background check fee.)
The renewing of credentials is the responsibility of the individual. It is the individual responsibility to go online and submit the application and fee.
MINISTERS RESOURCE LINKS & DOWNLOADS
Housing Allowance Information (by Guide Stone Financial Resources online)
2011 Church & Clergy Tax Guide (By Richard Hammer)
Ministers' Compensation & Housing Allowance (Link to IRS.gov website info)
Topic 417 - Earnings for Clergy (Link to IRS.gov website info)
Attn: Credentialing Committee Office
7459 S IH 35
Waco, TX 76706
Phone: 1-(800) 921-4561